Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Traipsing around...

So Jennifer and I have been hanging out a lot lately. Besides the extremely interesting converations and good company, it almost always involves food. Sometimes it's a little difficult because I have to carry around 2 babies... but somehow we manage. One of our first lunch dates was to Barnaby's where I had the best burger of my life. I took Mom a few weeks later and she agreed it was awesome. Just after Brandon's birthday, we went to Tiny Boxwood's. It's a very high-end place where lots of River Oaks trophy wives go to lunch. Well, we're not rich, so we had to fake it. I put on my preppiest J.Crew shirt and Jennifer let me borrow her Coach sunglasses. I think we had them all fooled:
until Violet had a blowout and ruined the atmosphere. But it turns out I lied about the Barnaby's burger, because the buffalo burger I had at Tiny's was definitely the best burger I ever ate. Last week we celebrated Violet's birthday and Jennifer surprised me with some presents from her and her mom-- a cute dress for Violet, and a pretty shirt for me.
I like it because it's something I wouldn't have been brave enough to buy on my own, but it's awesome. And since it's from Saks, maybe I'll wear it to Tiny's next time.
Since she will probably soon be whisked off to some other part of the country with a new job, I am milking every minute I have with her. And I love it.

5 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

You both look beautiful! Very nice taste, Jennifer. Sounds like Violet is destined to be a "nature girl" rather than a socialite.

Bexie Funk said...

i hope jennifer stays in houston! she sounds like fun.

Jennifer said...

awww, thanks carrie! and MTB, we must have our ladies' night soon! i keep reminding lindsey about ra sushi.

Jennifer said...

oh, and linds, i remembered some more things you can blog about (aside from the taco truck adventure today), if you want to. falling out of a swing, and eating a buffalo chili buffalo burger in a shack under the highway!

Graytoppop said...

Two things every girl needs, and Lindsey is lucky enough to have them: A BFF in Jennifer, and great sisters!!!