Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I'm so glad when daddy is home

Brandon's first semester of graduate school is over. I would say it was a successful one, but I feel like that would be an understatement since his grades were all A's or A+. Earlier in the semester I asked him how he did on a test and he said he did "okay." Later I found out that "okay" meant getting a 98. When I teased him about it, he just said it's still not a 100.



Violet and I have enjoyed having him home. On Christmas eve, everyone helped smash open a pinata. Violet wasn't sure about hitting it; I think she felt sorry for it. But she was very happy about the suckers that came out of it.

Brandon gave Violet her first golf lesson when we went to the driving range. While I was practicing my drive, they went to the putting green and hit some balls around. She was a natural. They have been practicing their soccer moves a bit, too.
On the night of the solstice, Brandon and I stayed up till 3 to get a good view of the lunar eclipse. There were only intermittent periods of good visibility, but it was fun to watch with him.

Violet has been so spoiled having him around.

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

So cute!

Bexie Funk said...

that's really cute. i can't believe you can stay up that late!

Ashley Erin said...

I miss that little nomad!

Graytoppop said...

Violet's crying for the pinata was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

And congrats on the grades!!