Wednesday, January 05, 2011

More expectations

Since nothing went as expected last year, I thought it would be fun to list out what I am excited for this year-- you know, just to compare when it all blows up in my face. That's how I like it.

This year I am making a goal to paint at least 5 pictures. That doesn't sound like alot, but my last one took me 5 months, so it's actually rather ambitious.
I also want to improve my painting technique, because the last picture made me realize that it's pretty bad.
In May I look forward to picking dewberries. We are going to pick the fields clean and make delicious dewberry freezer jam. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome to.
Also in May, I hope to be going on a trip. Where and when is still undecided.
I want to go kayaking this summer in my kayak that I haven't used since I was 18.
I hope to be able to survive being without a car while Brandon is at his internship all day in the summer. I also hope that Brandon enjoys his work.
I am very excited about this being the last full year that Brandon will be in school.
I want to go camping at least 3 times.
And by the end of the year, I expect that Brandon will have at least interviewed for a real, non-internship job.

The year already got off to a good start. We spent New Year's day at Bayou Wildlife Park. And no one can look at Violet's expression and tell me that wasn't the best thing we could have done with her.
Yep, it's going to be a fun year.
(And here is the painting I just finished. I promise it looks better in person-- the flash washed it out.)

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

That's an awesome picture! I hope you plan on painting one for me.

Bexie Funk said...

you can take a trip here! and paint me a picture? love violet's face.

Sara said...

That painting is awesome! You're so talented!

Nicole Caywood Photography said...

whoa I had no idea you were an artist! That's awesome!