Friday, January 21, 2011

Violet, sous chef


Don't be alarmed by the last post. I am back to thinking that having kids isn't that hard.

Tonight Violet showed a keen interest in my cooking. I normally have her sit on the counter and watch while I cook. While I was rolling out some pizza dough, she decided to jump right in and grabbed the rolling pin when I put it down and rolled it all over the dough. I let her shake some herbs on the sauce, and she was thrilled to sprinkle sausage on it, too. I had her try some pineapple juice after I drained it from the can so she could see what it tastes like. It was a huge hit and she kept grabbing the cup to have more. The best part was that she was very proud of herself. She insisted on seeing the pizza go in the oven, and wanted to know what it looked like when it came out. She is a good kitchen helper.
Then again, she usually ends up looking like this picture when she "helps."

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

I love the "look"

Bexie Funk said...

she's adorable. my kids love to "help" too.

Ashley Erin said...

she's so pretty. i love her.

Sara said...

Love the messy face. Is that pizza dough? It really brings out the colors of her eyes. ;] She's cute as always!