Sunday, February 06, 2011

First attempt










Remember the poll I put on my blog a couple of weeks ago? You probably don't, because a whopping 3 people responded to it. But the majority said they wanted to see more photography on my blog, so here I am posting some pictures that I took of my pregnant friend and her family.

I was a little disappointed with some things. First, the lighting was terrible. It was a perfect overcast day until 10 minutes before the shoot when the sun came out and became very harsh. Also, I have realized that my lenses aren't the best for portrait shooting. Now I'm thinking about getting a new lens, but the one I want won't be able to autofocus with my camera. I'm not sure what to do about the lens, but one thing I know is that I want to get much better.

9 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

i actually voted twice. i wanted to swing the vote. so a total of 3 people responded. mostly i want to see more pictures of violet, because she is so so pretty.

Bexie Funk said...

well you're already better than me. you can practice on my kids if you want to. they LOVE having their picture taken.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Great job with the photos, Shady! I'd hire you.

Graytoppop said...

And you can offer a painting of one of your subjects photos. Time consuming but it could be great way to show how you are different from the competition. And yes, you would charge for the painting....

Graytoppop said...

And great photography!!!

Lindsey said...

Thanks, but I think I want to keep it as more of a hobby.

And I will totally practice on your kids, Bexie! They are so cute-- I can't wait to see them.

Joel & Megan said...

Still I think the pictures look really nice and i thought you did AWESOME for the baby shower.

Nicole Caywood Photography said...

you did a great job for your first time! Seriously, you are better than some people that I've seen charging for their pictures. I am excited that you're coming to my photo workshop!

Emily Hamilton said...

I'm impressed! Amazing job. You're so talented.