Monday, March 14, 2011

GRRR!!! Why does blogger mess with my pictures?

This semester I have been making a big deal out of day-to-day things. Because maybe, if I occupy myself with enough trips to the zoo, and visits from friends, and craft projects, I will forget about the missing 1/3 of our family. Too bad it hasn't worked. But who am I to complain; I'm not the one going to school on Saturdays, or waking up at 4:30 to do homework. Brandon has been nothing but a hard worker; I have been nothing but a hard whiner. I totally don't deserve him.
Moving beyond my frustrations, this "keep busy" mentality has resulted in a couple of fun things. First of all, we now go to the zoo so often that I made Violet an official Zoo shirt. And for some reason, blogger decided that the picture needed to be vertical. Drawing the stencil was easy, cutting it out was a different story. It was also supposed to be purple, but I guess the zebra wanted to be anatomically correct and it came out black.

And let it be known that I took my punk rock husband and baby to a country music concert at the Rodeo. Thanks for taking us, Mom and Dad.

5 comments:

BRANDON said...

you can't make a zebra change its stripes

Jennifer said...

cutest monkey hoodie ever! and amazing job on that zebra print. i love it.

the flu is history and i am feeling way, way better. very ready to hang out with you! i will call you to catch up soon.

and it will definitely be soon-soon, because i'm... (drum roll) moving to SF in 2 weeks!!

(sigh, how very bittersweet)

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow, Jennifer. Congratulations! We really need to have that girl's sushi night out!

Jennifer said...

Thank you, MTB! And yes, we NEED to have that sushi night! I was just saying the same thing when I grabbed tacos with Lindsey today. It must happen!!

Bexie Funk said...

i LOVE that shirt! can you teach me how to be crafty? and i'm a big fat whiner too when shawn works a ton. you can call me anytime to whine.