Tuesday, March 08, 2011

That kind of mom

Because of my job, I often have to tote around 2 babies. And because I'm cheap, I'm not always equipped for 2 babies. (Sorry, I just don't want to invest in a double stroller so that I can use it on someone else's kid.) I'm pretty sure I'm the kind of mom that makes other moms feel good about themselves, because I always end up being the mom that no other mom wants to be. Yes, I'm the mom that uses a shopping cart as a stroller. I'm the mom that ignores a tantrum while I shop for groceries. I'm the mom who holds a baby and eats an ice cream cone while the other baby runs wild through TCBY. I'm the mom who leaves her wallet in the car when she's about to buy $5 worth of clothes and comes back from the car with a wallet that's obviously not hers and makes everyone think she's on welfare.

This whole experience has taught me a lot about not caring what people think of me. What they think about me probably isn't true, anyways. I actually don't have 2 babies from 2 different dads. Only one of them is mine. When I do have another one, I will get a double stroller so that I don't have to use a shopping cart. I will care a little more about the behavior of my child when he/she throws a tantrum. I can afford $5 of clothes, and the wallet I used was Brandon's. I didn't stick someone up in the parking lot so that I could buy Violet a dress. And most of all, I'm really proud of the fact that I am able to take care of Violet and contribute to our income so that we don't have to get loans.
Yep, I'm proud to be that kind of mom.

6 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

You're a great kind of mom. Love that picture!

Emily Hamilton said...

You're such a great mom. :)
P.S. I love that picture. You could start a photography business.

Bexie Funk said...

that picture is awesome. and i was that kind of mom not too long except i had three kids to tote around!

Ashley Erin said...

You're a hippie mom and you have a hippie child. :)

BRANDON said...

Hippies wouldn't let their children run this wild

Graytoppop said...

To thine own self, be true!!!