Friday, April 29, 2011

Why me?

Want to know something about me?  I never really planned on working after I had kids.  I had spent my whole life up until then trying to avoid work at all costs and I figured, why start now?  I'm so good at being lazy.  I can just raise a child and sew and paint when I want to and life will be good. 

But now I am starting to think that some force in the universe wants me to work, because people keep offering me jobs that I don't ask for.  "Can you manage our storage facility for two weeks?" Sure!  "And then every weekend after that?"  No problem!  When we moved here, I casually mentioned to one girl that I would like to babysit, and the next day she had a job lined up for me.  (That was actually pretty awesome.) And the day before my last day of that job, I randomly get offered a tutoring job while I am at the park with Violet.  (Yes, that was last night.)

Okay, I'm really not complaining about any of this.  They have all been great jobs that have allowed me to bring Violet with me.  And let's face it, we need the money.  But I'm starting to wonder what it is about me that makes people offer me jobs.  Do I just seem like I would be a hard worker?  Because if they think that, they obviously don't know me very well.  Or maybe it's something much less glamorous, and I just seem like the kind of person who has nothing better to do.  Whatever it is, I guess I should be thankful for it.

1 comment:

Bexie Funk said...

i'd take it. easier than watching another baby!