Sunday, May 01, 2011

Highs and lows of my week

Highs:
Talking with Brandon until 1 AM
Seeing Violet DIVE into a pool at play group
Having my parents come to my rescue and help me move
Having a pediatrician with me when Violet got sick
Taking a bike ride with Violet (she likes it now)
Seeing a man in full camouflage (bushes hanging off his back and all) pop out of a field and scare my pants off while I am biking
The miracle of actually getting this all done

Lows:
Taking Brandon to the airport at 6 AM to go on a 5-day field trip, then babysitting until 5 PM when I get back
Being a single mom all week/weekend
Having to clean and pack our apartment while watching 2 kids because we had to move out this weekend
Realizing what a crappy place I have been living in for the past 9 months (stairs aren't evenly spaced, the toilet doesn't work, the tub doesn't drain, the closet is so poorly designed that you can't take your hangers off the rack, mosquitos wait for you outside the door, and it looks dirty even when it's clean)
Seeing poor little Violet throw up all over herself in the car and not being able to do anything about it because we are on the freeway
Getting news that Brandon's flight is delayed and he doesn't have a ride home
Realizing that I will get home from picking him up at 2 AM, and then I have to wake up at 3:45 AM to catch our flight at a different airport (So pretty much not being able to sleep at all tonight)

Well I guess that's it.  Eventful, huh?

2 comments:

Joel & Megan said...

wow! crazy crazy! hang in there girl.

Bexie Funk said...

did you punch they crazy guy that scared you in the face? i hate it when people do dumb stuff like that.