Thursday, July 21, 2011

a big milestone

Violet has been going nuts this week.  My dad has been gone and she has had no one to play with.  Today I broke down and improvised with the sprinkler because the pool was closed, and a miracle happened: she actually played in it.  I know I've posted pictures before where it looks like she's playing in the sprinkers, but she wasn't.  Until today she has danced around it, stared at it, and watched her cousins play in it.  Today she consented to getting wet.  And watching her try to drink the sprinker was magical.  She inspired me so much that I joined her in my swimsuit.
 


She also liked playing in the bucket, which she eloquently calls the "buttchuck."  We had a blast until it started raining on us.

3 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

too too cute

Bexie Funk said...

that picture is so cute! i'm glad it finally rained down there!

Graytoppop said...

Good pictures! Lots of fun!