Monday, July 18, 2011

My good news week

Last week was a bit of a roller coaster for me.  You can only get rejected from so many places to live before thinking that you will never, ever find a place to live.  But this morning I put down a desposit and signed a contract for a place we really like.  The realtor made a point of telling me several times what a good deal I was getting.  He kept saying that they should have listed it at a higher price, that a lot of people wanted it, that it had a lot of upgrades, and that it was worth more than what we are paying for it.  Well, too bad for him. We got it.  Here's a list of why it is nicer than our old place:
-Washer and dryer-- in the unit and NOT coin-operated
-ground level (no taking away my stairs and trapping me in the house with toddlers)
-200 sq.ft. bigger
-wood floors (no scrubbing Violet's messes out of the carpet)
-new appliances
-2 concrete patios instead of one rotting wood balcony that I thought I would fall through every time I walked on it
-covered parking so that I don't burn myself when I get into the car
In other good news, I got my ticket to see the Poodster in DC. I know, everyone thought I would be too cheap to fly out and visit.  Turns out I'm full of surprises.
We found a free bed for Violet.
And finally, I'm almost done with Violet's elephant.  I could have finished it last week but on most days I was too frustrated to paint.  Not this week.

3 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

i miss Violet

Bexie Funk said...

that looks great! i'm so glad you guys found a place!

Graytoppop said...

Way to hang in there on the apt search! And the elephant looks great!!!!