Monday, July 11, 2011

from the other camera...

All of this stuff happened over the 4th of July weekend, so nothing is really new here.  I've just been too lazy to get the pictures off our underwater camera.  Anyways, Violet is still stinkin' cute, even under water.
 And since Mom and Dad came to the poo with us, she now wants them to come every time.  Fat chance.

 But how could you not want to play with this little face?
 On one night I kept Violet up way past her bedtime to teach her how to hunt toads.  We found 3 or 4 just within a few yards of our house.  She LOVED them.  When I would put them down and they hopped away, she would point at them and whine until I picked them up again for her to pet.  I got peed on many times.  The things I do for this girl.
 But she did FREAK out when we put one on her.  That was really funny.  I've never seen her kick something so fast before in her life.
 Daddy was good at catching them, too.  She got really attatched to him after his long weekend and now goes around the house saying "daddy, daddy" all day.
And if you're wondering what exactly we're doing out here (I know some of you are), we are living with my parents for the summer while Brandon does his internship.  Go ahead, make fun of me-- you're just jealous that you can't live with my parents. The internship is great. Brandon gets fed a couple times a week for free, has half days on Fridays, had two days off for the 4th, and has already been offered a full-time job because he's just that smart and awesome.  But we are set on doing a Ph.D, so instead of going to work he will be going back to school in the fall.

1 comment:

Ashley Erin said...

That picture of mom and Violet at the poo could have been Shady and mom 21 years ago. Mom's hair color and style has not changed and Violet looks so much like Shady. So cute!!