Friday, September 16, 2011

Things that make me laugh

Violet is funny.  That's all.  Like when she does these things:
Putting things in her ear.  It's not like the normal toddler "I think I'll try to fit object X into oriface Y" thing.  It's a real obsession.  If you give her a stuffed animal, she will find its skinniest appendage and put it in her ear.  If you stroke her hair, she will grab your hand and stick your finger in her ear.  Her blanket, corners of pillows, they all go in.  And she will just sit there and hold it in her ear for who knows how long.
Pooping in the sink.  Don't even ask about that one.  Thankfully it was the bathroom sink.
The baby now craves fast food so frequently that when I pull up to a drive through, Violet will start ordering from the back seat. "French fries!  And tay tots!  And nuggets!  And ketchup!"
Violet wads up little balls of toilet paper and sticks them up her nose.  One was so deep that I didn't even notice it until we were in the car a couple of hours later and she sneezed it out and said, "Uh-oh, booger!"  And I swear it was about a centimeter long. 
Violet learns things that I don't teach her and I always wonder where it came from.  This morning I asked her what she wanted for breakfast (around here the choices are cereal or bagels-- I'm not nice enough to make anything) and she pulled out a pancake mix (I NEVER make pancakes and didn't think she even knew what they were) and said, "Pancakes!  Pancakes!" Then she proceeded to pull out a griddle for me.  So not only does she know what pancakes are, but apparently she knows how to make them.
On another note, after years of growing out my hair just so that I could have my natural color back, I am starting to miss being blonde. 
Ugh.  Tough, life-changing decisions.  Which one do you like?

4 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

holy cow she's crazy, and hilarious! I"m kind of liking the blonde but, then you'd have to keep it up.

Ashley Erin said...

I like the brown. I think it has a nicer contrast with your skin and eyes.

Sara said...

I made Jason read this post because I knew he'd find all the funny things Violet does hilarious. He laughed out loud! (and so did I)

Graytoppop said...

Never a dull moment with Vyvet!!!