Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween: rockin' the cow

This Halloween was a big success.  Brandon was gone on a field trip over the weekend so we headed out to stay with my family.  Violet went to two trunk-or-treats out there all dressed up as a  chicken.  She caught on to the idea quickly.  Her bag of candy started getting heavy, so I tried to hold it for her, but she would NOT let go of it.  I also witnessed her talking about candy in her sleep since she slept with me all weekend. 
 
 Besides trunk-or-treats, we had a blast with the cousins, went to Stephen F. Austin park, I finally got my hair cut, and we had a Halloween-themed dinner.  It was so nice to not have to stay by myself all weekend.
Her costume was awesome.  Onesie made by me, shiny pants made by Brandon.

 Sunday night, Brandon came home just in time for Halloween.  We went to our ward's trunk-or-treat tonight and Violet finally got to spend some time with Daddy.

 After that, we went to Chipotle to get boo-ritos.  They were doing a Halloween promotion where if you came in dressed up as a farm animal, they would give you one of their huge burritos for just $2.  Since I was a cow and Violet was a chicken, it worked out perfectly.  The cashier even asked to take a picture of Violet because she was just so cute.  And plenty of people got a kick out of my pregnant belly/udder.
Moo!

4 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

a cow pretty much sums up how i feel when i'm pregnant, GREAT costume shady!

Emily Hamilton said...

You win the prize for BEST costume of the year!! That. Is. AWESOME!! Nice Utters. Love it.
Violet is one adorable chicken!

Sara said...

HER TAIL FEATHERS ARE SO CUTE! And using feather boas--brilliant. I wish I had thought of that. And the belly utter idea is pretty genius too.

Graytoppop said...

We had a lot of fun with you and Vyvet last weekend!!!