Monday, November 07, 2011

A feel-good exercise

On Friday while I was looking at strollers, an older lady came up to me and asked, "Your baby is coming really soon, isn't it?" I told her that I still had a month and a half to go and she looked at me and said, "REALLY? Are you only having one? You just look so big!"

 
So on Saturday I got all dressed up and made Brandon take some maternity pictures of me.  Just so that I could have something to look at and think, "Okay, I can still look cute, even if people think I'm having multiples."  I also photoshopped out some hormone-induced skin flaws. I'll do anything in the name of self-esteem. 

 Of course, Violet never needs photoshopping. 
 Here's the belly.  I'm actually not too self-conscious about how big it is.  I like feeling all the kicks.  It's better just to focus on the excitement of a new baby, right?
And Mom, THANK YOU for funding my new hair cut and babysitting Violet while I went to the salon.  That has actually been my biggest insecurity for the past several months (I got a really bad hair cut awhile ago) and I'm finally friends with my hair again.

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

You look beautiful!

Bexie Funk said...

multiples? please you don't look that big.

Ashley Erin said...

Don't feel bad. Remember the 'thunder thighs' video dad took of mom while she was preganant with you? What your husband did was much nicer.

Sara said...

People can be so off base with what they say to pregnant women sometimes. You look great! And I love your haircut.