Monday, November 28, 2011

Bring on the season.

The Christmas season has gotten off to a great start.  Awhile ago, I mentioned to Brandon that I might get him a nice TV if I find a good black friday special.  It took him no time to find one he liked and the day before Thanksgiving, we got this ginormous TV delivered to us.  I had planned on wrapping it and waiting until Christmas to open it, but Brandon was too eager and had Christmas early. I guess he won't have much to open on Christmas morning.
 Thanksgiving was a blast for everyone.  All of my siblings were gone, so Mom and Dad tailored the meal around what the pregnant lady was craving (tons of jello cranberry salad, mexican sodas, and more banana cream pie than any non-pregnant person could handle).  Violet was pretty overwhelmed by all the food (see picture below) and afterwards we went on a drive to look for Christmas lights, which ended up being the most exciting part of the day for her.  She is starting to love this season.
 Tonight we decorated our little Christmas tree for family night.  Violet was squealing the whole time and handing me "orna-minutes" every 5 seconds. 
 After she went to bed, I took some close-ups of our tree.  The festivity and glowiness of the decorations make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 


 Joy.
Finally, tomorrow I will be full term.  (WHAT? That means I will have a baby in 3 weeks or less!  Totally blows my mind.)  And although I'm having trouble sleeping, staying awake, bending over, walking, and putting my clothes on, I am really enjoying myself right now.  I'm pregnant enough to use it as an excuse to get out of doing anything I don't want to, but at the same time, I get to do whatever I want because I don't have a tiny baby to take care of.  But with the cold weather and decorations up, I feel like I could take this baby home any time now.  I'm ready.

2 comments:

All Handleys on Deck! said...

I love the close up pictures of your tree!

Bexie Funk said...

nice tv! glad you're all ready for the little one! i can't wait to find out what you're having!