Saturday, December 03, 2011

Nesting

You know how some women get a burst of energy before they have their baby and do crazy things like make meals for a month and deep-clean their bath tubs? Well, that hasn't happened to me. I have no energy, I still don't like to cook, and no amount of pre-labor hormones could make me bend over far enough to scrub my bath tub. Violet and I have been taking it easy and this Friday we went to the zoo.

 But even taking it easy can be hard.  After walking around the zoo for an hour, I could practically feel myself effacing with each step.  My body doesn't seem too eager to push this baby out, but at times I feel like it could fall out at any time.

Even if I haven't been deep-cleaning my whole house, I've been getting ready for baby in my own little way.  The car is cleaned out and the car seat is installed.  I put the bumpers I made in the crib since Violet has figured out how to climb out of it and no longer naps in there.  I'm making a Christmas coming-home onesie. Brandon even painted my toenails and put an avocado mask on me last night.  He sure loves me.

And you're probably wondering what an avocado mask has to do with preparing for the baby.  Honestly, who is going to notice my toenails and pores when I am in labor?  Probably nobody.  But I've just gained 40 lbs and will soon have a roomful of people see me half naked.  It's just my way of doing anything to make myself feel a little better.

And that is how nesting happens for me.

(Yeah, I know, the AAP doesn't recommend these. If baby figures out how to roll, I'll take them out so baby doesn't suffocate on them. I mostly plan on using them during the time that baby can crawl backwards and get his/her legs stuck between the slats.)


2 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

Violet looks so pretty in those pictures

Bexie Funk said...

don't worry shady I gained 40lbs in 33 weeks with caroline. being pregnant just doesn't do much for anyone's body!