Saturday, November 12, 2011

Renfest

My mom told us awhile ago that she had free tickets to the Renaissance festival, so we decided to go with her this weekend.  All I have to say is that she is a saint for going with us because it is really far away and the traffic was TERRIBLE getting there. We got there over an hour before she did, but it gave us plenty of time to check out all the ridiculous costumes that people wore there.  Apparently, a lot of clothing styles qualify as "Renaissance," including (but not limited to):
belly dancing costumes
a loin cloth (but only when paired with fur boots)
anything with wings
anything that pushes your breasts up to your chin
any outfit involving a tail
a trench coat with a see-through mini skirt underneath
and anything that resembles lingerie.

The highlight of the trip was the elephant ride (obviously).  It was an expensive, short ride, but it was worth it to see the excitement on Violet's face. 
  
 After the elephant ride, I held Violet up on the fence to get a better picture with the elephant (see pic below).  BAD IDEA.  A couple of seconds after this picture was taken, I felt something scratchy move across my arm and try to wrap around Violet.  It was the elephant's trunk.  I'm not sure how many of you have been touched by an elephant's trunk, but I can tell you that they are quite forceful.  So I FREAKED out and pulled Violet down as fast as I could and now I get to tell the story about how I almost had my toddler stolen by an elephant. 
 This elephant didn't try to steal her.
 Mom even bought Violet some butterfly wings, which she LOVED.  When we got home she walked around with them in my high heel shoes.  I would have put up a picture of that but she was butt naked.  That's just how she rolls.

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

That was the SCARIEST encounter with an elephant I've ever seen!

Ashley Erin said...

Violet is getting so big!

Bexie Funk said...

i read on my package of oatmeal that the trunk has the most part of the elephant with the most muscles, or something like that. i would have freaked out.