Tuesday, January 03, 2012

2011: the year of good intentions.

I had such good intentions for 2011, but once more, my plans all blew up in my face. I guess my expectations for last year could be divided into 2 categories: things I wanted to do, and things I wanted Brandon to do. Let's have some fun and take a look at how these resolutions turned out.
Things I wanted to do:
go camping at least 3 times
go on a trip in May
paint 5 pictures
pick dewberries
go kayaking
Okay... I did none of these things. Well, I did go on a trip in May. I threw up for the first day of it and spent most of the rest of it in bed. Between the drought and the ridiculously hot summer, camping and dewberry picking were not in the cards this year. Ditto for kayaking. I managed to paint 2 pictures but after that, my laziness got the best of me.
Things I wanted Brandon to do:
finish his last full year of school
enjoy his internship
interview for a full-time, non-internship job
This part makes me laugh out loud. Instead of finishing school, Brandon committed to 2 more years of schooling. He enjoyed his internship but turned down their full-time job offer. And their part-time job offer. And now he is planning on another internship next summer.
Yeah, things don't go as planned. But it's good. We still managed to have some fun, and Brandon is now on his way to getting a Ph.D and being even more employable. I can wait, because I have these to keep me company:

1 comment:

Ashley Erin said...

oh my gosh! I love that chubby face!