Saturday, January 07, 2012

This year's plans

Last year's failures have not deterred me from making a list of resolutions for this year.  I've heard a lot of people say that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  I'm pretty sure that's actually not the definition of insanity.  But if it is, then we are all insane for making resolutions year after year.  I guess there are worse things to be than insane.

1.  Enjoy cooking more.  I really don't like to cook.  Violet tries to "help" and Brandon doesn't like a lot of the same foods that I do (sour cream, avocado, tomato, bell peppers, cream cheese, soups). If I find easier recipes that my family actually likes, maybe it will be less stressful for me.  And maybe with Bexar's help, I will make more desserts, too!
2.  Make more friends.  I've finally accepted that Jennifer isn't around anymore to go out to lunch with me all the time.
3. Paint 5 things.  Didn't happen last year, and who knows if it will this year.  But there's no harm in making a goal.
4. Excercise... a little.  Maybe I will do a 10k by the end of the year now that I have a nice jogging stroller.  I know, I'm really reaching for the stars here.
5. Take a fun family trip.  Maybe Sea World, or Enchanted Rock, or Guadalupe, or all three.  Brandon gets to go to Chile, Australia, and France this year, so I think we can manage a small Texas trip.  Or I could just go to France with him.
6.  Take good pictures.  I took a few baby pictures of Charlie already, but I still haven't captured that bright-eyed look he has in the morning.  But I LOVE those chubby cheeks.
 

By the way, Charlie was 9 lbs 12 oz at his 2 week checkup.  Normally they only expect the baby to be back at birth weight at the 2-week checkup.  Mine gained a pound and a half.  He is a beast.

7 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

Nice work on the growth Charlie. He is going to be a football player. :) I love the pictures you take!! He is one cute kid.

bethy said...

holy crap. he is a monster. the cutest monster i've ever seen, but a monster!

Ashley Erin said...

I love Charlie. What a chunker.

browniemom said...

Adorable! Love chunky, big babies! Squeeze his little rolls, and his those cheeks for me:)

Bexie Funk said...

he's growing just like devin did! he looks just like brandon.

Bexie Funk said...

oh and i've already tried out a lot of recipes from my new cook book so let me know if you need any suggestions!

Jennifer said...

Charlie is beautiful. And I really miss our lunches. (And you!)