Friday, January 20, 2012

Violet keeps things interesting

Anyone want to see a list of the medical problems we have had in the last week?
abnormal newborn screening results
abnormal re-test results
fever
sore throats
runny noses
congestion
coughs
yeast infection (or in Violet's words, "itchy bum")
eye infection
and my favorite... projectile vomiting.
And somehow, I still enjoy having two kids more than I thought I would. Not that I thought that I wouldn't enjoy it, but I did think that there would be days where I wanted to shoot myself mixed moments where I loved it. Instead, there are days when I love it and moments when I want to shoot myself-- a totally manageable combination. For me, having two kids isn't much more difficult than having one. Of course, it isn't easy when your one kid likes to communicate by screaming, or try to see how high Charlie's bouncy chair will bounce while he's still in it, or point to your stretch marks and ask why you have stripes, or tell you that she wants to potty train and then proceed to pee on the floor and yell "I'm pee-peeing!" and then poop in the closet after she specifically told you she didn't have to poop, or try to lift your cover and expose you while nursing at the park, or shove you out of the way 86 times a day and yell "Let me do it!"
That's okay, because no matter how hard it is to deal with these things as they happen, I laughed even harder thinking about them just now. I totally love my kids.

2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

that just made my day! too funny.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Hope they're getting better.