Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The pictures on my blog tell a lot of lies.

I used to be honest. Down-to-earth. Realistic. But from the looks of my last post, now I'm just one of those moms who does nothing but post cheesy pictures of her kids and talk about how precious they are. Someone shoot me now.

So maybe I should tell everyone what the past couple of weeks have really been like. They started off with a 2-day stay in the NICU for what was really just a bad case of the sniffles. (Okay, so it was RSV, but there was no fever and his lungs were clear.) That was followed by our insurance company telling us that even though they charged us for Charlie's coverage, they didn't actually add him to the plan. (insert angry conversation with insurance company here.)

We came home from that and everything was back to normal for a few days. Then Saturday morning we noticed that Violet's carpet was a bit sloshy. As you probably know, sloshy is not a word you should ever be able to use when describing your carpet. So we had to pull her bed and everything else to the front of her room and pull up the carpet by the wall (the paint on the wall was also bulging with water underneath.) Apparently a pipe had broken in the wall. On Monday some workers came to fix the pipe by tearing holes in Violet's wall, exposing rusty pipes and moldy plywood, and leaving us without running water for the day. Luckily I have a friend a few units down, so I was able to run to her house and use the bathroom from time to time. The last time I used the bathroom, however, the workers finished and left while I was out... and they locked me out of my house. I had to jump the fence onto our porch to get back in, and after that we went to HEB to get some groceries. When that was done and I came back to my car, I realized that I had lost my keys and couldn't get home. (Not to worry-- I had a huge bag of Julios chips that I emotionally purchased to keep me company.) I sat searching my car for the keys with a screaming baby for about 30 minutes before I finally remembered to check the cart we had used-- by some miracle, they were still in there. After that I figured I had earned a BerryHill fish taco. (And that makes twice that I mention rewarding myself with food. Maybe next time I should reward myself with a strenuous workout.)

And right now our family members outnumber our bedrooms four to one. The emotional eating might be going on for awhile.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Wow--what a week.I'm so glad the RSV wasn't serious! And I think emotional eating is a good way to handle all of this. I'd probably just crawl into a hole and cry.

PS-I'm pretty jealous of your blog header right now.

Marielle said...

Wow-and I thought my life was the pits. Hope things improve soon. If not, I recommend frozen yogurt. :)

Bexie Funk said...

i'd do the same thing!