Friday, April 27, 2012

The wedding day

Now for the most exciting part of the month which everyone else has already blogged about: Ashley's wedding.  Brandon got home from France the night before and after picking him up from the airport and driving all the way to our apartment, I realized that I had left my keys in Katy and we all had to drive back to get them.  Of course that would happen to me.  And the next morning we were back in Katy again, getting ready for the festivities.  The morning started out with getting our hair done (no that's not my hair, it's my 6-year-old neice who has the hair of an adult):
Having a nutritious breakfast:
Getting makeup done:
And basically just laying around, being good-looking.
 We later headed off to Vargo's for the wedding.  The flower girls all looked beautiful in their dresses.
 The venue was charming.  One of the best things about it was that there were peacocks wandering around everywhere. It of course was fascinating for the little kids and this one developed quite a following.

 Finally the most important moment of the day arrived and Ashley and Landon were married.  I'm not usually the emotional type but I almost bawled.  Luckily I was wearing a ton of makeup and I didn't want my face to melt off, so I held it back.  And being the great photographers we are, we got zero pictures of the bride and groom.  But I'm sure Ashley's photographer did a great job, so we probably won't be lacking.  After the ceremony we went to Pappasitos where Violet practically took a shower in queso.  Best wedding food ever.

2 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

you looked so pretty!! I love the pictures. you did a great job!

Bexie Funk said...

graham sure loves his cheesesticks.