Thursday, April 19, 2012

Where do I begin?

So much excitement has happened since I last posted that everything in this post is going to be grossly oversimplified.  Oh well.  The Funks came and stayed at my parents' house last week and since I was already staying there, I got to be with them the whole time. Violet was in all her glory having so many cousins to play with.  The Easter bunny brought her some sidewalk chalk, which she applied liberally to her face.
Of course we had to go to 99 cent waffle cone Wednesday while they were here.  Caroline ate hers faster than I ate mine.  That girl can eat. Here she is with a little chocolate still on her face.
 Violet took her sweet time, as usual. At least this time she got strawberry instead of nasty Superman flavor.
 Charlie enjoyed his view from the car seat.  He actually started smiling and laughing when I asked if he wanted some ice cream.  Time to start solids?
 Violet and Graham were two of a kind.  Here they are all bundled up after having a blast at the splash pad.
 Graham was the most intense thing I had ever seen there.  He really got into hitting the water.
Here is Violet with her adopted siblings.
Those kids made me laugh a lot while they were around.  The first night that Violet stayed in the same room as they did (she had never had a sleepover before) she apparently was making too much noise and got kicked out of the room by Graham.  He dragged her in to his parents' room, pointed to her, and said, "Her not sleep. I go bed."  He got used to her, though, the next night when he was going to bed he kept asking for "my Violet" while she was downstairs getting water.

Caroline was hilarious, too.  One night I was in my pajamas and I grabbed my keys, so Caroline asked where I was going. When I told her I was going to the store, she asked, "In those clothes?"  I laughed out loud and soon my sister made her apologize and tell me how nice I looked. 

And Devin made me laugh because he is SO much like my sister was when she was little.  You can't help but love that kid.

I miss them already!

2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

you HAVE to come visit in july! we'd have so much fun!

MOM THE BOMB said...

I miss them more!