Monday, July 02, 2012

Pinterest: worst offenses

Please don't take this list too seriously-- I'm simply amused by these trends.  I am posting this knowing well that many of my good friends (and probably myself) are guilty of some of these.  Post what you want.  I won't think less of you, but I reserve the right to laugh.

-Being pinned 14,000 times does not mean a recipe is great.  The last person who actually tried the recipe was probably pinner #1.
- If a recipe has only two ingredients, it probably doesn't taste very good.
- Cakes were never meant to be made in a mug.
- Cakes were never meant to be baked in a microwave. Which brings us to....
- Cakes were absolutely never meant to be baked in a mug, in a microwave. 
- If it contains whipped cream, can you really call it a salad?
- Fruit doesn't need dip. (That's just my opinion.)
- Not everything can be made in a crock pot.
- Ryan Gosling would probably never say what you just pretended he said.
- Ryan Gosling is not your significant other.  (Sorry.)
- Buying mason jars so that you can make crafts with them is not upcycling.
- If you can buy something for less than a dollar, it's probably not worth your time to make it yourself.
- Not all gifts fit in a jar.
- A gift involving a pun and a candy bar is probably not what your husband wants for his birthday.  Or maybe it is.  But I'm pretty sure it's not what Brandon would want.
- Homemade candy bars: what? Isn't the beauty of a candy bar that you only have to buy one? Who is going to eat a whole batch of candy bars? And who wants to spend the time making them?
- Greek yogurt can't be used as a substitute for everything.
- Painting upholstered furniture is never a good idea.
- Please stop calling every recipe "better than sex."  People will start to get the wrong idea about your marriage.
- Keep Calm and Whatever you put after that doesn't make sense.
And finally,
- You'll never be able to afford that. (Neither will I.  But a girl can dream...)

That's all I can think of for now.  Now that I've put all that out in the open... do you have anything to add?

5 comments:

Sophia Crane said...

I have to disagree with the cake in the mug in a microwave thing. I have come across a few tasty recipes and they are nice to have a small batch. But, otherwise, I agree with most of your comments. That being said, I still love pinterest.

Amelia Brame said...

Hahaha I love it! Pinterest gives me anxiety and makes me feel like I can't keep up with all the other wives in the world ;)

Nicole Caywood Photography said...

I am convinced that the sole purpose of pinterest is to make stay at home moms feel inadequate. As much as I want to, I will probably never have elaborate themed birthday parties for my kids or make their teachers super creative gifts at the end of the year. Thanks to pinterest, I feel guilty about it! ;)

Bexie Funk said...

oh shady i LOVE your posts like this they make me laugh so much, and i totally agree with all of them!

MOM THE BOMB said...

Don't worry, Nicole. Your kids don't need elaborate themed birthday parties, and teachers don't want creative gifts, but prefer well-behaved kids. Pinterest is not the answer for the latter.