Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Running wild.

Let me just get this out there: I cannot be expected to be a responsible adult when Brandon leaves. 

I develop a sense of entitlement when I'm left with the kids. There's nothing like being left alone with your own offspring (knowing that your husband is touring the Australian rain forest for free) to convince you that you deserve a $1200 camera.  And boy, do I want a $1200 camera.

And when I spend every waking moment with my kids, I get impulsive.  Doing nothing but taking care of babies makes me feel boring.  I hate feeling boring, so I want to do something fun to prove that I'm not boring. And to me, fun usually equals dumb.

Which equates to a Lindsey who is spendy and impulsive.  So I went and bought a hot pink skirt, got 3 new shades of nail polish, numerous new cosmetics that no one cares about, and I'm eating my weight in ice cream every night.  I gave myself lowlights in a shade of brown that looks an awful lot like black.  It walks a fine line between edgy and trashy, but I'm not even upset about it, because part of me would rather look like white trash than look like a housewife.  And I'm still planning to buy a $1200 camera.

Wait, who said this was a bad idea?  That's right, NO ONE.  Because there's no one here to talk me out of it.

My, this has been a fun two weeks!

4 comments:

poodle said...

if brandon is gone at the end of august i can come play with you and make you feel fun!!!

Ashley Erin said...

I think you should pawn the kids off on mom and come visit me in NY. That's not boring.

Bexie Funk said...

wouldn't coming to visit me been way cheaper than that new camera? just sayin'.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Fernash: I think she should send the kids to visit you in NYC. That would be even MORE fun!