Friday, April 12, 2013

The dumpster

Tonight I did some cleaning and ended up with several large things that needed to be taken to the dumpster.  It was around 11:00 PM, and since I couldn't take it all in one trip and I don't like walking through alleyways in the dark, I decided to put the items in my car and drive them to the dumpster.  When I got there, I was worried that if I left my keys in the car, someone would drive off with it (not a far-fetched concern for where I live) so I took them out of the ignition and carried them with me.  But as I was throwing the last thing into the dumpster, I heard a familiar jingle and realized that I had flung my keys in there, too.  I'm not going to share what I thought at that exact moment; suffice it to say that it started with S.  Now I had a car that I couldn't move, right in front of the dumpster, in the dark.  I knew that there was no way to avoid having to get in there, so I wasted no time in running home to retrieve a flashlight and a stool.  Fortunately, there was nothing terribly gross in there, and I found my keys pretty quickly. But I can no longer say that I've never been inside a dumpster.

4 comments:

browniemom said...

Oh Lindsey, you are hilarious! Wish you would have been caught dumpster diving! Haha!

BRANDON said...

I'm not going to tell you what else we have that has been in a dumpster before.

Sara said...

Oh little Lindsey, that's what husbands are for!

Bexie Funk said...

you are braver than me. i never left our place after dark! ah life in the ghetto!