Friday, May 17, 2013

Misadventures of our trip

If you've been following my blog for any amount of time, you'll know that I don't feel the need to portray my life as perfect.  So how could I post about our camping trip without including all the things that didn't go our way?  I couldn't.  So here goes.  And I should warn, if you're uncomfortable hearing potty stories, stop reading.  Now.

We stopped at Horseshoe Bend by Page, AZ on our way out of the Grand Canyon.  At this stop there was a breathtaking view of one of the goosenecks of the Colorado River.  Unfortunately, there were no bathrooms and NO trees to hide behind.  Violet and I had both been in the car for hours and had to do our business when we got there. I had to resort to squatting over Violet's froggy potty (yes, we brought a toddler toilet on our trip) INSIDE the car, since there was no cover outside.  I thought I would be safe in there, but just as I got bare-bummed, another car with 4 passengers and no tinted windows pulled up right beside me and parked there.  In this situation there is really only one thing you can do: avoid eye contact.  I dodged glances like a pro.

When I caught up to the rest of my family, Violet informed me that she had to go, too.  She is really good at doing her business in the wild, but I was a dummy and forgot to take her skirt all the way off.  So, she peed all over it, and I spent the rest of our time at Horseshoe Bend holding a peed-on skirt and following around a toddler wearing only a shirt, a camelbak, and panties.

1 comment:

browniemom said...

That pictures is stunning! And your "potty stories" are funny!