Monday, June 24, 2013

Our best day of the trip

Am I still talking about our road trip?  Yes, I am. Get used to it.  The best day of our trip in my opinion was our last day.  Brandon's family came to meet us in Capitol Reef and we went to hike Cassidy Arch, in the picture below.  The arch is enormous, and you get to climb right on top of it.  It was one of my favorite hikes of all time.

 And the most exciting part of this hike, at least for Violet, was that Aunt Mia was there.  I love all the pictures I got of them.  And is anyone else impressed that my 3-year-old did this hike?  I mean, she had to be carried a good part of the way, but she hiked much of it by herself.
 In the next picture you can see a cairn in front of them.  Violet was really excited to learn about cairns on this trip.  At first she kept asking if she could knock them over, but I explained to her that they were actually there to point the way.  After that, she would get excited each time she saw one, point, and yell "I see a Karen!  Hi Karen!"
 This next picture shows Brandon and me out on the arch with a 200- foot abyss in front of us.  I had to leave shortly after this because I was too scared.
 One really cool part of Capitol Reef is the holes in the rocks.  My kids loved exploring them.
 The fun didn't stop when we got back to camp.  Violet still had the time of her life playing with Mia.

 Charlie gorged himself on their homemade apple juice.
 And we made campfire hot chocolate-- one of my favorite things on the trip.  The whole day made me really miss living by Brandon's family!

1 comment:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Violet and Mia are perfect together! That was so nice of them to drive down to see you.