Monday, October 14, 2013

More Nashville fun

I'm not going to do a day-by-day post because we really haven't been doing anything too exciting.  But I will post some stories from our trip, and I promise they will make you laugh.

-- Violet consistently gets dirtier than all 3 Funk kids combined.  They found a sand pile at Soccer practice and all started playing in it.  But whose child had the bright idea to lay down in it? That's right, my little princess.  She also fell into the stream (almost completely submerged) when they were playing around Edwin Warner park, and if that wasn't enough, a few minutes later she fell face first onto a freshly cut field of grass, which all stuck to her wet, sticky body.  When she got into the car she was still soaking wet and now covered in grass, too.  Carrie kind of wondered how she always manages to get so filthy.  She's just special that way.

-- Charlie is also attracted to dirt. The other day he started eating some and got a patch of it on his upper lip that made him look like Baby Hitler.  When we were washing him off that night we had planned on only rinsing his extremities but then decided to wash his hair, too.  And when we did, the entire bottom of the bathtub became black.  We had never seen so much dirt come off of so little an area.  Good call on the hair washing, I guess.

-- I bought everyone lunch at Costco the other day (I know, I'm so nice, spending $1.50 each on our kids) and Charlie turned down his water when he saw Carrie's Diet Pepsi.  He kept taking my hand and reaching for it and yelling, "Soda! Soda!"  When he finally got a sip, he took a deep breath and yelled, "Must. Drink. ALL!"  He and Carrie also share a soft spot for Dirty Diet Cokes.

-- We had a "sleepover" in my room last night.  Since Violet was sleeping by her cousins and not with me, she stole my pillow, which made it hard for me to fall asleep.  I used Elmo, followed by a towel, followed by a stuffed dog, and it turns out that none of the three make for an acceptable pillow.  Graham woke up right as I was falling asleep, and I put him back to bed.  Then just as I was about to fall asleep again, he woke up again, this time crying that he couldn't find the stairs and Caroline yelling at him to stop stepping on her.  The commotion woke Violet up, who crawled into bed with me, and then told me she had to go potty, and then told me she needed a drink.  By the time Graham had calmed down (he was apparently upset because he couldn't find Devin, who was sleeping 5 feet away from him and managed not to wake up through this entire ordeal) it was 3 AM, and I had still not fallen asleep.  The next morning Violet woke me up extra early to ask me if it was her birthday and then beg me to make her some popcorn. I shooed her away only to be woken up later by Charlie standing in his pack-and-play, yelling, "Mommy!" to which I responded by covering my head with a pillow and yelling, "SHUT UP!"  Carrie at least thought that was funny.

-- Another reason I didn't get much sleep last night was because Carrie and I stayed up way too late looking at dumb things on the internet.  But come on, we had a good laugh looking at this:

And this:
http://dashmandy.blogspot.ca/2013/01/revenge-of-snark-and-testimony.html

1 comment:

bethy said...

i am CRYING!!! i can't WAIT to go to Nashville, that is hilarious!!