Thursday, October 31, 2013

Some Violet stories

I realize that it's Halloween and that I should be posting about our trick-or-treating and costumes, but these are fresh on my mind and I can't let myself forget about the hilarity that is my life with Violet.  Here are a couple of recent stories:

A few days ago, after I had showered both kids, I were getting them dressed for bed.  As I was chasing around naked Charlie to put his diaper on, I said, "Charlie, you have the cutest little bum!"  Violet then walks over to me, shakes her bum in my face and says, "Mine's cuter!"

Then today we went to pick up Brandon at the airport.  He texted me to tell me he landed just as we were exiting the freeway, so I thought we were just in time to do the drive-through pickup. But I pulled into place to wait for him and several minutes went by and he was nowhere to be seen.  Violet announced to me that she had to go potty, but I thought we didn't have time to park and get out since Brandon should have been coming out any minute.  I told her to hold it until daddy got in, and then I would have him take her in (I couldn't take her into the airport because if you leave your car unattended they think you're a terrorist and tow it.)  She apparently couldn't hold it in any longer, and after I convinced her that she couldn't get out and pee on the side of the street (she was about to) she took matters into her own hands and peed in a plastic grocery bag and then handed it to me.  So I'm sitting at the airport, unable to leave the car, with a plastic grocery bag full of pee.  Yes, this is how I spent my Halloween.  I finally decided to stuff it in a paper bag that I found and just have Brandon throw it away when he got out.  Well, a few more minutes went by and he still wasn't out and Violet informed me that she had to pee again.  I told her that I didn't have any more grocery bags (I wasn't sure what to do at this point) so she found a Styrofoam cup and peed in it (I was actually pretty proud of her, she didn't spill or anything) and then she said, "I'll just open the door and dump the pee out."  I just turned around and said, "If they don't let me take a four-year-old in to use the potty, they can have pee on their sidewalk."  And that's what we did. 

2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

That girl is crazy!

browniemom said...

Oh my gosh, that girl cracks me up!