Monday, January 06, 2014

Gratitude

Wonderful things have been happening this week.

I felt the baby kicking for the first time recently.  The next day we went in for my ultrasound.  We let Violet decide if she wanted to find out if it was a boy or girl and she definitely did.  She braced herself as a tiny little baby came up on the monitor.  Arms, legs, beautiful beating heart, and head, and then we saw the three little lines that were undeniable evidence that Violet is going to have a little sister.  She gasped, and I cried.  After seeing this tiny baby squirming around and looking at my two standing at my side, I was overwhelmed with the feeling that it didn't matter if it's a boy or girl; I was just so happy to have three sweet children.  I resolved to enjoy my time with them more, and the week since then has been great.  They can't wait to meet their new little sister.  



4 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

That picture of Charlie is amazing! Hurray for more girls!

MOM THE BOMB said...

I can't wait to meet her!

Ashley Erin said...

Charlie gets cuter every week!!

All Handleys on Deck! said...

Congratulations!!