Thursday, January 02, 2014

It's my lucky day!

Do you ever have one of those days where everything just makes you happy? That's today for me.  Here is a list of the little things I have been thrilled about today.

--I wasn't too excited about getting home last night because I was sick when we left for vacation and I had to leave the house messy.  But the first thing I saw when I got to the door was a package from Jennifer, and when I opened it there was a brand new New York Princess snow globe for Violet and an adorable maternity dress for me.

--I am finally starting to consider the fact that it might be a better idea to wait a month or so after Brandon starts his job to buy a house.  While the idea of living in this apartment for longer than 5 more months would normally make me want to cry, it's not so bad right now-- we just got done living with 13 other people for two weeks, so after coming home, our apartment seems huge!

--I was looking for a set of giant foam blocks to get the kids for Christmas, but the cheapest ones I could find were $82 online, so I never ended up getting them.  But today I randomly found some for sale at HEB for half the price!  I bought them right away and my kids have been playing with them all afternoon.

--As I was pushing the kids and our new foam blocks out to the car at HEB, some guys in a truck stopped to tell me that I look hot for having 2 kids.  I realize that's pretty creepy but I was still happy about it, especially since I'm also 4 months pregnant.

--When I got into the car, Violet asked if it was stinky in the car.  I told her no, but she replied, "Yes it is, because I farted in here!"  I know I shouldn't encourage that, but I couldn't stop laughing.

--I went to Ulta and tracked down all the makeup that Ashley had let me borrow when I was in NYC and bought it, so I can now look like I did there.  (Trust me, it makes a difference.)

If today is any sign of what this new year is going to be like, I believe I'm in for a good one!

2 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

That makeup is amazing.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Can I get some for me?