Monday, January 20, 2014

Keep me busy

Normally by this point in any given month I will have written a blog post about my kids doing some crazy thing that drives me nuts and makes me question my sanity and/or parenting skills.  But there has been a lull in the postings lately because my life has been, dare I say, normal.  Perfect.  Seriously, 2014-- although I'm only half a month into it-- has been great.  My kids have been suspiciously well-behaved.  They are asleep by 8:30 every night and play together pretty well during the day.  I have gotten that second trimester burst of feelgoodness and I've been doing things like making dinner every night, cleaning out my car, and exercising regularly.  What is up with this? This never happens!

We have even gotten our plans for the year more or less figured out. Brandon is on track to graduate in May (fingers crossed), start his job in June, and we have talked to a lender who feels confident that we can move into our very own house in July. Our landlord gave us the OK to extend our contract for a couple of months so we only have to move once this year.

In fact, things are going so well that there is only one problem: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF. Everything exciting that is happening in my life is at least 4 months away.  So what do I do to keep myself busy?  Make goals that I probably won't achieve.
--paint 10 pictures (a lofty goal for a girl who takes naps daily)
--sell at least one of them (also a lofty goal, considering that it's completely out of my control)
--take tons of pictures (duh, that's not really a goal, that's just something I like to do)
--go to San Antonio while Brandon writes his papers
--go to the beach while I'm still not too pregnant to fit in my swimsuit
--go to the rodeo
--make baby girl's blessing dress
--find a name for her
--pick out all the furniture I want so I can order it right after we buy a house (I'm actually really good at this)

Okay, anything to add? Because this might sound like a lot, but it really doesn't keep me all that busy.  Well, not busy enough to stop checking real estate listings even though we're not looking at houses yet!

4 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

you work out daily? you have never done that in your life. who hacked your blog account?

BRANDON said...

regularly and daily aren't the same thing

MOM THE BOMB said...

Way to go, Shady! Keep it up!

browniemom said...

You Reed girl's are such over-achievers!