Monday, February 17, 2014

A girl can dream.

Someday, I will have enough water pressure to wash all the shampoo out of my hair when I shower.
I will have an AC that doesn't leak water all over the bathroom floor every time I turn it on.
I will have a pantry in my kitchen instead of on the other side of my house.
I will have a big enough car to put the groceries in the trunk instead of piling them all in the passenger seat.
The kids will have a playroom so their toys aren't laying all over the living room because it's the only space big enough for them to play in.
I won't have to paint on the kitchen table.
I will have a backyard so that I can send the kids outside without having to worry about creeps running off with them or cars running them over in the parking lot.
And when I feel like ordering pizza instead of making dinner, instead of getting a Papa Johns carryout special I will get a Candelaris deep dish monstrosity because I will have the guts to spend $24 on a pizza.

The only problem is, someday is still six months away, and if I think about it too much, I might miss out on the now.
Right now, Brandon has a flexible schedule and lets me sleep in every day.
My kids play well together.
When Charlie wakes up in the morning he stands up and yells, "Charlie's awake!" until someone comes to get him out of his crib.
The weather is perfect.
The Rodeo is coming.
Bluebonnet season is almost here.
I don't have a newborn to take care of and 20 lbs of baby weight to lose.

So yes, as excited as I am about how my life will be once we move and Brandon starts his job, I need to step back and realize that now is pretty good.

2 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

I love little Charlie!,

MOM THE BOMB said...

He's the cutest! Enjoy these moments!