Monday, July 31, 2006

Tomorrow I'll miss you

Ashley left for King's Peak today. It is rather traumatizing for me. She will be gone for 5 days. That's the longest I'll have been away from her since I've been in Provo. Even when we fought, it only lasted about 13 hours. And anyone who has seen Ashley's medical record can agree with the probability that she will come back injured.

In the meantime, my friend Xavier (Javier, Javi, Xave) has offered to be my personal trainer. It doesn't bother him much that he can't do most of my workouts; he still does a great job. Like yesterday, when I asked him how he would coach my running if he can't run, he responded with this comment:
"It's okay, I'll just bike beside you... with a whip!"
Hmmm, I'm not sure that would be such a good idea. But Ashley DID have a great idea. Javi hates being touched. He doesn't hug. So Ashley pinned him down and sat on his lap, and had me take a picture. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT HER???
Javi is such a good sport.

1 comment:

MOM THE BOMB said...

A boy that doesn't like to be touched? Now that's the kind of boy every mom wants their away-at-college daughter to date. He gets my thumbs' up!