Saturday, August 12, 2006

Fun at BYU

Last night we went to the Brigham County fair, which is no more than a bunch of booths set up by freshman wards, easily rivaled by Deerfield's Trunk or Treat. If that doesn't sound like fun, let me reassure you that there was a pudding feed contest in which Javi got to shove pudding down my throat, and a bellyflop contest, which he almost won, despite weighing only about 130 lbs. If chugging gooey stuff and seeing how hard you can smack the water doesn't qualify as fun, I don't know what does.
We also went to a Polynesian Cultural dance, because I figured he looks asian enough to get away with it. But don't call Javi a Pacific islander, because according to him, the Philippines "aren't really islands, they're like a continent, right?" Coconut macaroons and a limbo contest were the high points, so I guess I'm glad I went, because who doesn't love coconut macaroons?

No comments: