Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Some things NOT to use in a textbook

1. "hitting the French up for a loan"-I have only heard the phrase "hitting up" used by hormone-driven teenagers in referral to money or action.
2. "at loggerheads"-Seriously, who uses that?
3. Exclamation ponits!!!
4. The word "polity"... every other sentence. Sorry, it doesn't make you sound smarter.
5. Capitalized labels for ALL your personal ideas, questions, and theories. Really, nobody cares if you think the Republican Problem is part of the Human Predicament and that Progress is the Solution. My Views and Ideas are very different from yours, but I don't capitalize all my Opinions, do I?

1 comment:

Ashley Erin said...

wow, now i am really glad i didn't take american heritage. poor, poor, professor. it's hard trying to make freshman laugh and write a textbook.