Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Great classes



I really like my classes this semester. I'm only taking one Spanish class, and it's the Spanish-American Novel. What we do is read books, come to class, and talk about them. It's like book club in Spanish.


In my Mesoamerican Archaeology class, we're learning about the Olmecs. They were pretty weird. They liked carving statues of ugly human-jaguar babies.


My Astronomy class is just about the easiest class I've taken in college. Our final project is "our interpretation of astronomy." My teacher says he's had drawings, songs, and interpretive dances about the universe, and they all got A's. I'm going to paint some nebulas. The one above is Lagoon Nebula--it's my favorite one. I'm excited to do it, I just need to decide on a medium. Brandon's helping me with that.

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

That's great! It's always nice to study what you love. We have a huge Olmec statue in the Archeology museum. They're very unique.

Bexie Funk said...

that looks really pretty. i wish i new that astronomy was easy. i would have loved to take it in college. i was the queen of easy classes.

Graytoppop said...

And this is the best look yet for your blog....

Graytoppop said...

Do you have my book '1491'???