Sunday, October 19, 2008

10 easy steps to make your blog cute

This is mainly for Mom, because she asked, but anyone else can use this too.

What I did for MTB's blog is:
1. go to thecutestblogontheblock.com.
2. sign into your blog in another window.
3. pick out a background that you want on said website.
4. go to "layout" on your blog.
5. in "add and arrange page elements," go to "add gadget" (at the side of the page).
6. click on "add Javascript/html"
7. at thecutestblogontheblock.com, click on the background you want. There will be an html code below the instructions. Highlight and copy the html code.
8. paste the html code on the "add Javascript/html" window.
9. click "save."
10. now you have a new background for your blog!

Note: before you do this you need to make sure that the template for your blog (under Layout--> pick new template) is Minima. These steps also won't guarantee you a cute header-- I make those in Photoshop.

5 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Thanks, Shady. Seriously, there's a "thecutestblogontheblog.com"? This isn't a joke?

bethy said...

how do you make the cute header?

Lindsey said...

I open a document in Photoshop (has to be 750 pixels wide) and open a photo onto it. Then I mess with it and put text and a border over it. Then it has to be saved as a JPEG for Blogger to accept it. other than taht I can't give much more detail... I just mess around until I get something I like.

MOM THE BOMB said...

You're awesome, baby!

MOM THE BOMB said...

Hope you're feeling better, Shady! Wish I were there to make you chicken soup.