Sunday, October 05, 2008

Ashley, the sweet spirit

I had forgotten about how nice Ashley is until she came back to BYU last week. The first thing she said to me when she saw me was this:
Wow, you look so skinny. I thought you'd get fat after you got married.

She is also so accepting of everone she meets. She would never stereotype anyone. Like when she met Meagan's boyfriend for the first time and we had this conversation:
Ashley: You're a lot cooler than I thought you'd be. I figured you'd be a dorky BYU boy. You know, one of those overly perky returned missionaries.
Me: Ummm... he doesn't even go to BYU.

Or this conversation:
Me (seeing a commercial on TV) : That girl looks like the Cougareat secretary.
Ashley: Yeah she does.
Me: You've never even met the cougareat secretary.
Ashley: I know, but that girl looks like a BYU girl, so she has to look like the Cougareat secretary.
Me: So now all short girls with brown hair are "BYU girls?"

I know a short girl with brown hair that went to BYU. She's very perky, and she's a returned missionary. Ashley, you're a BYU girl. You might say that you don't miss BYU, but you sure fit the part. You dug this hole on your own.

6 comments:

Graytoppop said...

Agreed. Ashely does look very BYU....

Ashley Erin said...

Actually most people don't believe me when I tell them I went to BYU an call me a liar when I mention I am an RM.

Lindsey said...

Yes but you still created your own stereotype.

Bexie Funk said...

shady you're right on the money.

Emily Hamilton said...

Luv it!
Glad you two had so much fun in good ole' Provo.

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

I LOVE this - very entertaining!!