Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More like Bethy, less like a wimp

Today before work I was heading to the dressing room to change into my work clothes. When I got there, I noticed that it had been closed off and there were three maintenance workers standing around. I stopped and read the sign posted on the door which said "Closed for repairs" and walked away a little irritated.
When I got to my locker, I heard one of the workers say, "Did you see her just standing there staring at the sign? How long does it take to figure out it's closed?"
So, I stood up and said, "I can hear you. You know, if you're going to say things about people behind their back, you should at least wait until they're out of earshot, otherwise people might think you're a big jerk."

The only problem with this story is that it is a lie. Yes, the maintenance guy was a jerk and yes, I heard him, but I didn't say anything. I just walked to another bathroom to change. Then I thought about the time when we were in the Newark airport and the flight attendant was yelling at everyone, so Bethany told her that she didn't have to be so rude. And I decided that I need to be more like Bethany and less like a wimp.

5 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

lol. you're funny

MOM THE BOMB said...

Not all of us can be as tough as Bethany.

Bexie Funk said...

everyone should be more like bethy.

bethy said...

thanks, guys. i sometimes worry about being such a big jerk, but it's nice to know my family still loves me for it!

Emily Hamilton said...

I need to be like that too.