Monday, June 13, 2011

My weird daughter

I know you're all really sad that I haven't been blogging much lately.  I promise, I'm back.  It seems like Violet has changed so much since we moved out here for the summer so I will make this post all about her.  (As if most of my posts aren't all about Violet.)
First, she now LOVES going swimming.  One time she saw me go off the diving board and she thought it was so cool that she tried to go off it herself.  When we didn't let her, we had to take her home because she was screaming so much. I play games like "egg beaters" with her and when I'm done she just says, "Mo, mo, mo!"  (That means more.) Brandon taught her how to hold her nose and go under water, and when she comes up she will grab Brandon's nose because she wants him to go under.
 
 She is a little obsessive about watering the garden.  She tries to do it every day.  Yesterday after dinner when she was playing with her cousins, we came out and she had a pile of green tomatos that she had picked.
 She also likes wearing flowers in her hair now.  Before I took this picture, she was in her regular clothes and I told her that I would go to get her swimsuit and that she needed to take her clothes off to get in it.  When I came back out, I found her butt naked with the pink flower (on the ground in the picture) on top of her head.  Yet another hippie moment.
 This Saturday we went to Mary Jo Peckham park, where I took my first steps as a baby.  Between the playground, the mini golf course, the koi, the lake, and the ducks, she was in heaven.
She has weird food preferences, too.  She loves olives (owah, as she calls them) because Brandon taught her how to put them on her fingers.  So she will sit at her little table with 5 olives on her fingers and eat them off, one by one.  She also loves eggs, because she reads Are you my mother? and there is an egg in that book.  Most of all she LOVES ice cream, but will only eat it from a cone.  She crammed down 2 soft serve cones last week at the restaurant and kept saying "ice cream" the whole time.  She is definitely my daughter.

1 comment:

Ashley Erin said...

i really want to see a picture of her with the olives on her fingers. she is so cute! i LOVE soft serve out of a cone. Tell her she can hang out with me anytime!