Sunday, February 19, 2012

Catching up on the cameras

I'm not a very good blogger lately.  I could blame it on having a second child but that actually just gives me more to blog about, so that isn't the reason for my delinquency.  The reason is that whenever I get on my computer, Violet whines and begs me to let her watch videos of herself.  I know, she is just like me.  And when Violet is not whining at me, my computer usually refuses to let me transfer photos from my camera.  And let's face it, without cute pictures of my kids, nobody cares about my posts.

So we shall start the weekly recap with Valentine's day.  Ours was about as romantic as you can get when you're sharing your bedroom with 2 kids.  (Yes, that is still going on.  Is it sad to say that I've just gotten used to it at this point?) But Brandon got me a nice new rug for our living room and he played golf with Violet on it all evening, so it turned out to be a good day.
 
 The next day, Violet decided that she would force me into potty training her.  Yes, the day after I get a brand-new rug.  Perfect timing.  And how did she force me into this?  Turns out, all you have to do to force your mother into potty training you is to take off your pants and diaper every chance you get and run around the house naked.  So I said, "Okay, but you had better go in the potty."  And she did.  I almost took a picture of it when she did.  Yes, a picture of pee.  But it's not just any pee.  It's Violet's first pee on the potty.

On Friday Violet went to her cousin's birthday party at Stephen F. Austin state park in the pouring rain.  It was just about the cutest party I had ever seen.  But what did the kids get excited about?  Running through the mud, obviously.  This is what Violet looked like when she was all done. 
We found some dirt in her ear at church today. 
 Am I forgetting something?  Oh, yes.  I have a second child.  No, really, sometimes I forget. He's that good.  Violet has been really cute with him lately and sometimes she snuggles up with him when he is on the couch and puts her blanket over them both.  She then gives him a stuffed animal and puts his binkie back in his mouth whenever it falls out.  She's a very loving sister.
 Also, she has figured out how to take pictures.  Hehe.
 And this last one is one I found on the camera from when Brandon's family was here.  She got to try a space helmet on at Johnson Space Station. I thought it was pretty cute.

2 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

she's so cute!

Bexie Funk said...

I love your rug! I need to take more pictures too. My posts are lame without them.