Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Blogging dilemma

Dear everyone,
Thanks for the feedback on my potential photo/art blog.  I need your help yet again: I'm having trouble deciding what to name this thing. Here are the runners up (keep in mind that all these names will have ".blogspot.com" tacked onto the end):

"A view from the shade"
What I like about it:
My sister came up with this name. It's hilarious (because my family calls me Shady).  I like that it is ambiguous enough that it can include photo and art stuff.  And it's personal.

My reservations:
It's not self-explanatory.  I read that if the subject of your blog isn't obvious from the title, many potential viewers might pass it up simply because they don't know what it's about.  Brandon suggested having it as a subtitle/description on the blog, so I could still use it even if it's not the title.

"50mmlinds"
What I like about it:
The lens I use the most in my photography is my 50 millimeter lens.  I like that this lets you know that it's a photo blog, and uses part of my name.

My reservations:
I'm afraid non-photographers won't get the lens reference.  Also, you have no clue that it's also an art blog.  I could do something similar with "wide angle linds" or "35mm linds--" those are a little more obvious but I don't really use those lenses, so it's not as personal.

Yup, that was a whopping 2 names.  Well, I'm still brainstorming.  I do know that I don't want to have my full name in the title, and I also don't want it to be "(fill-in-the-blank)photography," because that implies that I have some kind of business, which I don't. 

What does everyone think? Any other suggestions? 

4 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

Pick mine! Not that I'm biased at all.

Sara said...

I'm terrible at coming up with stuff like that! They both sound good though. I don't speak photography and I got the lens reference, so I think other people would too. So yeah. This comment probably wasn't helpful at all, but I'll post it anyway.

poodle said...

I like both of them. and the 55mmlinds is not a difficult reference, even for non-photographers.

my vote is for view from the shade with a subtitle. just because i love that we call you shady.

MOM THE BOMB said...

My favorites are wide angle linds and view from the shade -