Monday, March 11, 2013

Rodeo time!

On Wednesday we went to the rodeo not once, but twice. Violet was so excited that she insisted on wearing her cowgirl hat all day.  Our morning visit consisted of watching mutton busting and pig races, and the most memorable part-- the petting zoo. The petting zoo had a sign on the outside that said, "Enter at your own risk."  When I saw it I scoffed, thinking, "What are we, babies or something?"   Then we went in and within 30 seconds, Violet was approached by a deer about a foot taller than her which tried to eat her skirt.  She ran to me, jumped on me, and screamed, "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!"  And I thought, "Holy crap, they weren't kidding!"  Charlie was still enjoying himself, so I was mean and made her wait while he finished petting the goats.  I was nice and held her the rest of the time, though.  But I did NOT wait in line for 15 minutes to leave within 30 seconds.


 Our evening visit had much less drama.  Since we are cheap, Violet got to choose one ride to go on-- she had been eyeing the Ferris wheel for weeks now, and that's what we rode.  I thought she would get scared because it went to high, but she loved every second of it.  SO much better than the petting zoo.

And if you want to see more pictures from our outing, check out my *drumroll please* NEW BLOG, 50mmlinds!  (Sorry Bexie, a view from the shade was taken.)

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

I LOVE your new blog! (guess I should have posted on it.)

Ashley Erin said...

yeah!!!!!!!!!

Bexie Funk said...

nice blog! and its ok, i still like the name of your blog. i miss the rodeo.

Sara said...

Haha, I think it's funny that Violet didn't like the petting zoo. Cool new blog! I like the name.