Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The things I left out

Many things have happened lately that I've forgotten to blog about. Here's an update:

1. I was able to schedule a driving test for June instead of July.  I failed the first time because the lady told me to pull up to the curb, so I did (about 3 inches away from the curb) and then she told me to back up in a straight line until she told me to stop.  Since I was only inches from the curb, I got my back tire up on the curb, which is apparently a "dangerous act" and she failed me.  I spent the rest of the day almost crying and wanting to punch someone in the face.  Miraculously, Brandon found an appointment open for the next day (it usually takes weeks to reschedule) and Dad came to my rescue and drove me up for it.  I passed this time, and the lady didn't even make me drive backwards.  I honestly don't know why that can even be a requirement, since it is DANGEROUS to drive backwards, and if you need to get somewhere behind you, you should just turn around.  Oh well, I have a license again.

2. I bought an 85mm f/1.8g Nikon lens.  It's clear and sharp and I love it.  I can't wait to use it for a shoot.  Also, since starting my photo blog, my friends are starting to ask me to take pictures for them more and more.  I can't even explain how fun that is for me to do.  My friends probably think I'm weird for how excited I get.

3. We had a memorable 4th of July.  I had planned on doing a 3k that our church was putting on the morning of the 4th that started at 6:30 AM, but it didn't happen.  Days before, Brandon (being the supportive and enthusiastic husband that he is) asked me, "What do you think has a better chance of happening-- you running a 3k or you getting up at 6 to do it?"  Thanks.  We did have a fun time with friends that night, and stayed up well past our bedtime playing with sparklers.

4. Charlie went to nursery! I'm a free woman now!  He is doing well in there but gets very excited when we pick him up, yelling "Daddy, Daddy!" or "Ommy, Ommy!" (That's what he calls me.) I basically think everything he does is cute.  He is talking a ton, and loves playing with Eyelet (Violet). His chubby, gap-toothed smile kills me every time.

3 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

Brandon had a very fair point. 6am and Shady don't mix, at least not for running. Maybe for photography and Sonic.

Bexie Funk said...

brandon is funny!

Lindsey said...

Happy hour is from 2-4 pm. Why would I go at any other time?