Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Sickies on vacation

My expectations of vacations are always wildly different from reality.

Me before going to Utah:
"Yay! I can't wait to play in the snow, have a white Christmas, drink hot chocolate, and have so much fun!"

Me, 10 minutes after arriving in Utah:
"IT IS SO COLD!!!! WHY DO PEOPLE LIVE HERE?!?!?!?"

Yep.  Brandon's decision to take a job in Houston was validated the second I stepped out of the airport.  (Not that we had other options, but still.  I'm not complaining.)

The cold hasn't even actually been that bad. The worst part has been the flu.  We were scheduled to fly out on Monday night at 6:30.  Brandon had a paper to finish that day and the weekend had been super busy for me, so there was a lot to do before we left.  And unfortunately on Monday I woke up sick and our computer wasn't working. The flights went pretty well, but they had issues getting our luggage out in Salt Lake so we didn't leave the airport until 12:30 AM, and got to Lena's house at about 1:30 AM. By the time we got in bed, we were both feeling really sick, and I just lay there shaking until I fell asleep.  Tuesday turned out to be even worse-- I coughed until I threw up, and later Brandon threw up and couldn't move, then fell asleep while eating dinner. Charlie was so tired that he slept in till noon and then fell asleep that evening while sitting down on the floor. Violet did not object to being put to bed, either.  Luckily I went and bought some BYU ice cream, which has healing properties for sore throats, and I'm feeling much better today.  But Brandon is still sick and Charlie threw up this morning, so we will still have to see it out.  So much for a relaxing vacation!

1 comment:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Oh, so sad! (Except for the ice cream part)
Hope you feel better!